Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Live earth and rubbish!!

Hahaha.. I just wrote about Live Earth and the energy it spent and then today I read in the news that critics are already picking bones with how much carbon each celebrity in the event actually emitted. It was reported that Madonna actually generated 100 times more polluting gases than average Britons. Hahahhahaha...

The news also showed the amount of styrofoam collected during the Live Earth event. Ouch... don't make me start to wonder why a green earth promoting event used styrofoam. Doh.. so brainless....

One thing I really wonder is why Singapore government haven't started putting recycle bin in level 1 of each HDB unit. The amount of waste paper generated per day via a HDB mailbox system is tremendous. I found on average a A4 total size of advertisement in my mailbox. On an on and off basis, some stores give a huge booklets of their advertisement that's usually went to rubbish as soon as I found it.. Collecting those waste papers in regular basis should cover the recycle bin cost, right? ^^"

No comments: